Gartside Marine Engines offers extensive marine engine services at our two locations. From pre-purchase inspection, to engine installation, servicing, diagnostics and repair – call our offices at Sidney or Oak Bay and tell us how we can help you.
Between the two shops we can install just about anything: gas, diesel, outboard, inboard, sterndrive and other associated systems that may be upgraded or added at the same time.
You can depend on Gartside Marine Engines for efficient and cost effective engine installations.
Your engine will run better, and work for longer, if you maintain a regular servicing schedule. For those boats that are stored or not used in the winter months, we recommend engine winterizing to ensure a quick return to the water in the spring. Early spring is the time to do annual maintenance to ensure a trouble free boating season. We can take care of this for you with regular maintenance plans.
We provide troubleshooting, diagnostics and repairs for all makes and models of engines. This includes transmission repair/rebuilding and injector servicing. All repairs start with an estimate.
We install, service and troubleshoot stern gear systems, propellers, shafts, bearings shaft seals etc.
We offer boat hauling for vessels up to 30 ft and 16,000 lbs.
When purchasing a boat it is standard procedure to have a comprehensive hull survey. It is also advisable to have a thorough inspection and assessment of the mechanical systems. We perform thorough pre-purchase inspections on a regular basis. Our standard 50-point checklist covers all installation components as well as the engine itself.
Our Standard 50-point Checklist
- Engine mountings
- Exhaust systems & ventilation
- Fuel systems
- Cooling water supply
- Stern Gear
- Controls & cables
- Batteries, wiring & instruments
Additional information can be gained from
- Oil sample analysis (Both the engine & transmission)
- Compression testing
- Cold start performance
- Operating temperature
- Turbocharger boost pressure (if applicable)
- Sump pressure
- Maximum RPM achieved under load
- Boat speed achieved
- Exhaust emissions at all states
- Transmission operation
- Alternator Operation
- Efficiency of charging circuit
We have a high speed service boat to assist in the event of breakdowns. Emergency calls during office hours are prioritized.
Other Services Include:
- Fuel tank & plumbing installations
- Alternator upgrades
- DC systems, batteries, pumps, wiring
- Windlass installation / repair
- Steering system installation & service
- Diesel furnace installation, both air & hydronic.
- Domestic water plumbing, new holding tank installations
- Rigging outboards
- Fabrication of mounts, brackets, exhaust components, etc.
- Haul out / pressure washing / painting (at Oak Bay)
- Electronics installations – GPS, depth sounder, fish finder